Old Hilliard Sites

Through the generosity of the Hilliard Visitor and Convention Bureau, we were able to create this wonderful Map of Old Hilliard that includes some of the many historical sites in the downtown area. Here are some more details for each of the buildings. The map was designed by students in the Hilliard Darby Media Arts Class.

Number Historic Name 2008 Name Address Year Built
1 Hilliard Consolidated School Masonic Lodge 3980 Main St. 1878
2 Westweller Residence Dentist 4005 Main St Around 1860-1865
3 Westweller Building, then Merchants and Farmers Bank Various shops (Captain Kirk’s Cruise Quarters & Antonio’s Violins) 4009 Main St Around 1860-1865
4 Hilliard’s Station (train station) Park- entrance to the Rails to Trails Corner of Main and Center 1890s
5 Hilliard’s Auditorium NAPA Auto Parts 5346 Center St. 1916
6 Winterringer Building, Post Office and General Store* Otie’s Old Hilliard Tavern and Grill Corner of Main and Center St.
5344 Center St.
Around 1870
7 Winterringer Residence Otie’s Old Hilliard Tavern and Grill Main St. Around 1875-1880
8 Willbargers Pharmacy and Soda Fountain Mel’s Diner 4051 Main St. unknown
9 Hilliard’s Village Hall and Jail Hilliard Welfare Council Norwich St. 1929
10 First Fire Station Storage Norwich St. 1944
11 Odd Fellows Hall,
Alder Hardware Store*
County Cork Irish Pub 4065 Main St. 1883
12 Merchants and Farmers Bank Chase Bank 4056 E. Main St. 1914
13 Dr. Renner Residence and Office, then Dr JW Reason Residence 5281 Norwich St. 1916
14 Residence Tidd Funeral Home 5265 Norwich St.  
15 Hilliard M.E Church* Cornerstone Christian Fellowship Corner of Main and Norwich 1883
16 Residence NW Franklin County Historical Society 5274 Norwich St. 1912
17 Hotel Franklin Hotel demolished, now Hilliard Sesquicentennial
Park and Pavilion
Norwich St. Pre-1870s
18 Dr. Merryman Residence and Office* Residence 5232 Norwich St. 1879
19 Russells Grain Company Empty 58 Franklin St. 1932
20 Hilliards High School (1906-1957) Scioto Darby Elementary (new building) 5380 Scioto Darby Rd. 1905
21 Hilliard Elementary (1917-1990) Hilliard Station (new building) 3859 Main St. 1917
22 Columbus, Piqua and Indiana Railroad Heritage Rail Trail - Trail Head End of Center St. 1850
23 Roller Skating Rink McCoy Center 5462 Center St. Around 1959
24 Post Office in 1957 Dance Connection 4121 Main St. 1854
25 Norwich Township Fire Department Norwich Township Fire Department 4164 Avery Rd. 1944
26 Fairgrounds/Park Northwest Village Weaver Park 1934
27 Franklin County Fairgrounds Franklin County Fairgrounds Columbia St. 1916

* Denotes the Building is on the National Historic Register